The Myth of Work Life Balance and Entrepreneurship
Todays show is about work life balance.
Actually its not. Its about work life integration.
Its hard to read any article on business that doesn’t talk about the need for your work life balance. Would we be better off if we didn’t try to balance things? What if maybe we try to integrate them better?
In this episode Victor talks about how we can live better and more complete lives if we combine our work with our non working activities.
- Why its impossible to separate different aspects of our lives
- Why your personal heath is the first item to fall
- About happiness and work
- How your values are one key aspect to becoming more integrated
- How your daily activities should connect with your values.
If you are just starting your business or have a business that is maturing its not to late. You can build or rebuild your business so that it is structured in a way that it becomes an extension of who you are.
- Start with doing something that excites you
- Try and only do business with people of companies that you relate to
- Do tasks that are within your natural ability
- Why the experts are wrong about your tasks
- Pay attention to the people in your life
- How to incorporate play time
Right now business has a culture of working too much and too hard. Our culture actually rewards this kind of behavior, but it comes at a high cost. At some point other aspects of our lives suffer, sometimes its our health, other times if the business and often it is out very own happiness. I challenge you to think about what you are doing in your business and how you can better connect different parts of your life.
Listen to this show and share your thoughts on integrating your work into your life.
Stay updated on the latest shows and get access to my 7 part course delivered via email, that will help you gain clarity, get more sales and better customers. Click Here to Sign Up